I received this message a few moments ago and suspected it was a scam, so I searched around online to try to figure things out. Sure enough, an exact scam has been floating around. Different email address but same message content. Now I'm forwarding it to people with blogs like yours so others will be aware.
Thanks for getting the news out through that blog of yours!
From: Robert Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: May 9, 2012 2:08:58 PM PDT
Subject: Re: Application for Front Desk Receptionist position- Danielle Purkey
I got your application resume. I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. This position i am offering is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that i may come at you impromptu sometimes, so i need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. As my Personal Assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;
* Creating orders/pick slips/invoices/credit memos.Basic wage is $400 Weekly, I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point. Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time
* Processing return authorizations for me as needed.
* Running personal errands.
* supervisions and monitoring.
* Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
* Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away and when needed as i am hard on hearing that is why computer works for me.
*Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities as the case maybe.
work from home for now and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. I have reviewed with your Resume and I think I am impressed with it and would like to give you an immediate trial,
so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been checking my files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run some errands for me this week/next week, while I am away. I will have
some funds sent to you to complete the errands and would get back to you with more information on that, get back to me with your Personal/Contact Details such as:
ADDRESS,Include Apt # If Available(No PO.BOX please):
HOME PHONE #:
Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response